Family Green Card

family green card san diego

If you have permanent residence or hold a green card, you can petition to have family members immigrate into the United States on a permanent basis under your own sponsorship.

Family Members Who Qualify:

  1. Spouse (Husband or Wife)
  2. Any unmarried children under the age of 21
  3. Any unmarried son or daughter of any age

The Green Card Application Process:

Our San Diego immigration attorneys have experience with the green card application process. We will assist you step-by-step to obtain your permanent residence card and help bring over eligible family members.

Requesting for Family Green Card San Diego Services:

  1. First you must file Form I-130, “Petition for Alien Relative”
  2. Provide documented proof that you are an eligible resident in the United States (i.e. green card)
  3. Provide evidence that the relative qualifies for your sponsorship such as a birth certificate, marriage license, etc.
  4. Follow all instructions provided on the “Petition for Alien Relative” form
  5. Submit legal name change documents for you and family members who will be immigrating into the United States

Preference Categories

There are specific preference categories that will apply when you file a petition to bring over a family member. These categories include:

  1. First Preference: Any unmarried, adult children who are 21 or older
  2. Second Preference (2A): A spouse of a green card holder or unmarried children under the age of 21
  3. Second Preference (2B): Unmarried children over the age of 21 of permanent residents
  4. Third Preference: Married children of any age of U.S. citizens
  5. Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of a U.S. resident

As long as your I-130 is filed correctly, preference status will determine the priority date of the relative being petitioned. A San Diego immigration attorney will make sure your paperwork is filed properly and can give you an estimated family green card date based on the “Visa Availability and Priority Dates” provided under U.S. immigration laws.

Family Green Card San Diego Applications

A family green card is not easy to obtain, especially if you are petitioning for multiple individuals to come over into the United States. An experienced San Diego immigration attorney can assist you in filing the necessary forms and ensuring that your loved ones come over in a timely manner. Though a San Diego immigration lawyer cannot ensure everyone will arrive at once, they can ensure that the forms are filed properly so that family members will be able to immigrate legally into the United States once their priority date is approved.

For more assistance with your family green card San Diego petitions, contact the U.S. Immigration Law Center today by calling 619-827-8777 now. Our San Diego immigration attorneys will help you file the appropriate paperwork and ensure your loved ones come into the United States as quick as possible.